Friday, November 11, 2005

THE GHETTO JOURNALIST

Kandahar Airfield was attacked with rockets while I was out in the field. No one was hurt. But I heard that one of the airconditioners is pushing up daisies.
I traveled around the red desert with the 82nd Airborne looking for Taliban. One of the HMVs in the convoy was destroyed with an IED. No causualties. Just perforated ear drum on the machine gunner.
I spend 5 days and 4 nights in the desert and villages South West of Kandahar. I got to meet a warlord, see lots of camels and travel through the endless maze of dirt roads that connect rural Afghanistan. . .
I felt comfortable being in hostile territory. I am writing a bunch on this, so be patient. I wish I had a better bullet proof vest. Mine is a joke and I will die if I get shot or blown up. But I am the ghetto journalist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home